Check the mad specs of Kevin Hart’s wrecked 1970 Plymouth Cuda!
The 1970 Plymouth Cuda "menace" by SpeedKore became famous when comedian Kevin Hart crashed it a while ago. Get the specs of this wonder muscle car.
It's no longer news that famous actor and the world's biggest comedian, Kevin Hart, was involved in an accident in his 1970 Plymouth Cuda nicknamed “Menace.” The vehicle was reported to be wrecked beyond repairs. While the case appears to be heading towards litigation, Naijacarnews invites you to take a quick look at some of the specs of this widely talked about car.
One of the world's biggest comedians posing with his Plymouth Cuda by SpeedKore
What’s this 1970 Plymouth Cuda?
The 1970 Plymouth Cuda is a car developed and built by SpeedKore, who tries to produce carbon-fiber-bodied cars. It appears to be a unique auto, out of all old-school muscle cars in car history. It distinctly looks like "an angrier wolf under the clothing of an angry one."
Before designing the Menace, Speedkore took into consideration three major criteria, which were:
- A practical driver has to be produced via the project.
- It must be timeless.
- Under the hood, the cabin, and other appropriate places have to be uniquely designed.
After the Cuda’s lines were updated, the following were visible:
- There were no unnecessary openings.
- The handles were accompanied with simple styling and it had a base appearance.
- Simplified hood.
- Elimination of dripping rail moldings and windows.
- Raised scoops were further expanded in the windshield’s direction.
- The hood’s ventilation was deleted.
- The top and bottom hood were fully designed and formed in carbon fiber before being joined.
Bare brakes, and a modificaton of the engine to a 6.4L, 720 hp monster makes the Plymouth Cuda a true beast
What are the 1970 Plymouth Cuda specs?
Now, the general specifications of 1970 Plymouth Cuda are:
- HEMI 6.4-liter V-8 engine (boosted by a Whipple 2.9L supercharger) and valve covers. As a birthday gift for himself, Hart had requested a change in some parts of the car which involved a swap with a Hellcat Hemi engine.
- Free carbon-fiber work.
- Baer Brakes
- 72 liters fuel tank capacity
- Engine type-naturally aspirated petrol.
- Cold air intake.
- Customized exhaust and headers.
- 107.95 bore and 95.25 mm stroke.
- 720 horsepower.
- 340 LB-FT Torque, three-speed Torque Flite automatic.
- 204 km/h (127 mph) top speed.
- 6.8 seconds in 0 to 60 mph.
- Rear wheel drive.
- Front engine position.
- Heavy-duty drivetrain.
- Notable suspension components.
- A two-door notch back.
- A convertible.
- 198 cu.in.version and 225 cu. in .unit.
- 108 wheelbase
- 74.9 wide, 51.29 high, 186.7 lengthy
- Eight-cylinders engine
- Water as its engine coolant.
- Three and four speed manual transmission.
- 1196.5 kpa (173.5 psi) brake effective pressure.
- Sean Smith’s designed custom firewall, core support, frame, engine and inner fenders.
- Improved molds developed by Lyle Brummer.
- Taller rails incorporated into its firewall and minimized flex with hood support.
- Modified Roadster Shop as a result of deep-sump oil pan which is large.
- Fired up computer drafting software which serves as a model for front suspension.
- Newly designed tie rod spindle drops, responsible for abolishing bump steer with its new rack.
- A splined sway bar located at the front of the oil pan.
- Fitted HRE S101 wheels.
- 245/35XR19 Michelin Pilot tires Sport Cup 2 fixed to the front 19x10 wheels.
- 345/30ZR20 Michelins tires fitting the 20x12-inch hoops on the rear wheels.
- On the painting, Bill Nicoud sprayed the car with Lakeshore Blue custom mix, which makes it appear highly pleasant and elegant.
- Drenched painted panels to provide a sparkling depth that can only be gotten when there is a revamp.
- 6.4L Hemi power plant which had been blueprinted and dyno tested by Wegner Motorsports in Markesan, Wisconsin.
- It now has a factory block, headers of equal length, exhaustible stainless steel all done by Bill Jakum and Ben Murphy, SpeedKore’s workers.
The incredible detailing includes no extraneous vents, and extensive work inside out
Exterior design of 1970 Plymouth Cuda
The quarter panels incorporate exhaust bezels that were designed within the workshop, and behind spaces for panels were made smaller, due to fresh valences made from carbon fiber being made a part of the design. This particular Cuda has its wheels tucked inside the fenders. Also, some of its body panels look similar to those made in the past, which certainly are not made of the same old materials. The dashboard still gives out the same vibes like the old one, even though there are clearly of different designs.
Also, the Cuda weighs like 3,400 pounds which is acknowledged to meet contemporary standards, and even though it looks very modern, it is specially designed to fit its period. Underneath the hood, all cables and hoses are kept in the carbon fiber molding, excluding the supercharger.
SpeedKore made a custom carbon-fiber body rework coupled with HRE tires
Interior styling of 1970 Plymouth Cuda
- Carpet, vinyl and plastic were removed, leaving the shell bare.
- 3D scanned interior car bones.
- Billet aluminum gauge cluster that seem perfect for the steering wheel.
- Removal of rear seats and replacing them with twin boxes shelf for storage.
- Front seats were introduced.
- Black leathered upholstered seats, door panels, console and dash.
SpeedKore modifications included converting the former 4-seater to a two seater
The most visible change, however, is the central tunnel where the previous physical shifter of the Barracuda has been swapped for a more modern rotary shift knob that is not too far from the window controls. The ignition is also placed slightly above the shift knob and near a row of knobs which are smaller.
To keep the engine running, a lovely eight-speed ZF automatic transmission was introduced. The engine packs a massive 720 hp by the way.
The Hemi V8 engine is Whipple 2.9L sipercharger boosted, and the wheels are HRE S101
Furthermore, the inside of the Cuda is completely customized. It is important to also note that because of a few distractions skipped from the interiors, it almost looks like the old version. Still, the pull switches are helpful exactly in the right atmosphere.
Kevin Hart's 1970 Plymouth Hemi 'Cuda by Speedkore Grand National Roadster Show 2017 Muscle Cars
All said and done, it might be of great interest to you if you try out this much talked about car.
>>> Stay up-to-date with the latest Auto Fun news on naijacarnews.com
People have just commented on
This review in terms of price, is done in which year? Does the Legs pull off, like other honda products?
If you want to start filling station business, there are so many company platform this days
Are much to clear Opel marina from Nigeria port?
If you want to go into car business, there are so many company platform this days